Setting up RMS in Ubuntu 18.04

Hi peeps,

It's been a while since my last post. Been busy. So, for today I would like to share on how to setup RMS (Runtime Security Mobile) in Ubuntu 18.04.

RMS - https://github.com/m0bilesecurity/RMS-Runtime-Mobile-Security


"Runtime Mobile Security (RMS), powered by FRIDA, is a powerful web interface that helps you to manipulate Android and iOS Apps at Runtime."

"You can easily dump all the loaded classes and relative methods, hook everything on the fly, trace methods args and return value, load custom scripts and many other useful stuff."


This is a continuation of my post here https://faudhzanrahman.blogspot.com/2019/09/setting-up-mobsf-in-ubuntu-1804.html where I did a setup on MobSF. 

I'm currently trying to set a box where it contains all sort of testing tools specifically for mobile. Now I have both MobSF and RMS setup in this box which is the Ubuntu 18.04. The same reason of setting RMS in this box is because the requirements fits Ubuntu 18.04. Therefore I decided to set it up along with MobSF.

Without further ado, lets jump right into it.

Steps:-

1) git clone https://github.com/m0bilesecurity/RMS-Runtime-Mobile-Security




2) pip3 install -r requirements.txt

*since some of the requirements need root permission, don't forget to change to root by using the command 'sudo su'.


3) python3 mobilesecurity.py


4) Open via localhost:5000


5) After connecting your device with RMS



Then it's done. Now you can proceed to test any mobile application. Currently I'm using physical device to test. Also trying to research on how to connect to RMS using emulator.

The scenario:

VMware: Ubuntu 18.04 : RMS
Host : Windows 10 pro : Android Studio (Emulator)

Will share it here if I manage to do it or if anyone has an idea how to do it, do contact me via email or comment in this post.

Till then happy hacking. Adios.


Comments

  1. I really want to thank you for such a nice blog post that helped me to understand why it is important. Android programming language

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Petraware pTransformer ADC before 2.1.7.22827 allows SQL Injection via the User ID parameter to the login form.

Setting up MobSF in Ubuntu 18.04